Last week the Office of Head Start (OHS) released Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) for Head Start and/or Early Head Start “OHS Replacement” funding in seven states. Replacement funding means that a temporary grantee has been managing the grant and providing Head Start/Early Head Start services on an interim basis. The FOAs indicate OHS is now ready to award the funding through a competitive application process. Below is a list of the areas with open competitive grants, and the FOA for each can be found here.
- Clay, Randolph, and Talladega Counties, Alabama
- Attala, Carroll, Choctaw, Holmes, Montgomery, and Webster Counties, Mississippi
- St. Landry Parish, Louisiana
- The Cities of Newport News and Hampton, Virginia
- Norwalk, Weston, Westport, and New Canaan in Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Queens County, New York
- Migrant and Seasonal HS: Green Lake, Fond Du Lac, Waushara, Winnebago, Dodge, Jefferson, Portage, Waupaca, and Wood Counties, Wisconsin
If you live in one of these communities you may have heard that Community Development Institute (CDI) Head Start has been providing services. That is because CDI works with the Office of Head Start to fill gaps in operation when a current grantee is no longer able to uphold those responsibilities. The goal is to ensure continuous services to children and families while future of administration of the grant is determined.
Now that we’re seeing more FOA activity from OHS, could DRS Round 6 be next? We’re keeping an eye out and will let you know as soon as we see anything!