Community Child Care
CENTER DIRECTORS AND FAMILY CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
Foundations for Families can save you time and help you meet the challenges of community child care.
The business of child care is viewed as the one of most challenging businesses of all. We support child care centers and homes by:
- Budgeting for financial viability and program excellence
- Connecting centers to share costs and leverage resources (shared services)
- Coordinating accreditation efforts
- Providing required teacher training in the context of a smart plan for professional development and your center’s quest for quality
- Strengthening management, operations and fiscal capacities
- Supporting boards of directors, training in business operations
- Supporting Management/Operations
- Verifying an accurate payment rate for centers in EHS-CCP relationships
Would you like your center management and operations to go from good to great?
Use our analysis, coaching and mentoring model and validated assessment tools to target the practices that will have the highest impact on your early childhood program.
Are you seeking accreditation for your center or program?
We have helped many organizations successfully navigate this process. We can orient and support your staff, coordinate the process, save you time and maximize your chances for success.
Share Services and Leverage Resources
Do you wish you had more back-office support, purchasing power or access to a sub pool?
Connecting with another center to share those costs and leverage those resources is smart. We can help you think that through and create a realistic plan for success.
Is your center financially sound? Are you maximizing every source of revenue?
Fiscal challenges are the number one reason centers go out of business. We will support you in a friendly, smart and non-threatening way to improve your fiscal skills and your center’s bottom line.
PARENT GOVERNING BODIES
We recognize that your child is in child care because you have competing responsibilities. You volunteered to serve because you care about your center. You may not have a background in early care and education, or this might be your first time serving on a nonprofit board.
We offer support for boards of directors that can save you time and help you meet your obligations:
- Annual board orientation and training
- Facilitation of board meetings on sensitive topics
- Strategic planning for operational success and financial stability
- Director Search when your center experiences a change in leadership
- The board’s role in supporting and managing the center director
Center Director Search Service
Are you a parent serving on a volunteer board now searching for an Executive Director?
We offer Center Director search service. We work with parent boards of directors to save them time and make sure they get the right person in this critical role as quickly as possible. Our services range from search coordination to comprehensive search to answering occasional questions and offering advice.
Amy was retained to lead the search from beginning to end. She was on time with everything, exceeded our already high expectations and never stopped searching until we found the perfect, and I do mean perfect, candidate for our Center.Peter O’Neill
The trainings Foundations for Families provided in governance and fiscal were top notch as well. Their grant writing skills and insights into how to advance our program design and scope for Round 2 was outstanding. I’m looking forward to the next time we can hire FFF.Julia-Ellen Davis
Board of Directors Training
Does your board of directors need annual orientation or training? Does it function well or could it use best practice tools, strategies and support?
We work with center boards of directors often. Our governance and leadership workshops are very popular requests.