Foundations for Families offers high quality training and professional development opportunities for early childhood educators (0-8) in the DC metro area.
We bring the training to you, based on your needs, and at your convenience. Our training is engaging, affordable and convenient, and we offer trainings in English and Spanish.
We book up quickly for federal holidays and the last week in August. If you need training on these days, please schedule well in advance.
To learn more about our training and professional development services, please contact
Amy Augenblick, Executive Director
our training goes above and beyond the basics for licensure
- Biting: Prevention, Tools and Intentional Response with Compassion and Understanding
- Building Strong Family Partnerships
- Communication and Teambuilding for Teaching Teams: Increasing Teamwork through Understanding
- Dyslexia in Preschoolers: An Overview for ECE Educators
- Early Intervention: The Role of the Early Childhood Educator in Empowering Parents
- Early Math Matters: Meaningful Math for 0-5
- Enhancing Oral Language in Infants and Toddlers
- Family Style Dining
- Infant Toddler Development within the Context of Relationships
- Music and Movement for 0-5
- Open Ended Art: It’s the Process, not the Product
- Positive Guidance: From Roles to Relationships
- Teambuilding in the ECE Setting: Increasing Teamwork through Understanding
Professional development strengthens your child care center
- Annual Board Training for Child Development Parent Boards of Directors
- NAEYC Accreditation Preparation
- CLASS Observations and Mentoring
- New Director Coaching