Foundations for Families offers high quality training and professional development opportunities for early childhood educators (0-8) in the DC metro area. We bring the training to you, based on your needs, and at your convenience.
Our training is engaging, affordable and convenient, and we offer trainings in English and Spanish.
We book up quickly for federal holidays and the last week in August. If you need training on these days, please schedule well in advance.
Click here to see the brochure
Most Frequently Requested Topics
- Biting: Respond and Prevent
- Dyslexia in Preschool? Early Indicators and Research Based Responses
- Red Flags in Development? The Role of the Classroom Teacher in Getting to Early Intervention
- Grief in Small Places: Understanding the Developmental Stages of Grief and How to Support Young Grieving Children
- Team Work and Communication
- Partnering with Families
- Transitions: through the day, in the center and with kindergarten
- Managing the Money: center budgeting and finances
- Doing More Without More: Sharing Costs and Levering Resources
- Accreditation Support
- Head Start Program Performance Standards
We offer onsite American Red Cross CPR and First Aid certification for your staff.
We provide CDA training that combines monthly onsite classes with engaging, hands on assignments.
To learn more about our training services or schedule a session, please contact Julie Weatherington, Training Coordinator.
I enjoyed the role playing. It gave us a chance to laugh!CHILDREN’S HOUSE MONTESORRI
I learned ways to be genuine, show respect and empathy.FINGERPRINTS CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
I learned that although the people you work with may be different we can all complement each other.FINGERPRINTS CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Great workshop! Thank you!ETHEL B. YANCY CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER AT GETHSEMANE BAPTIST CHURCH
I learned that transitions really do take up a lot of our time every day so I really need to plan for them to run more smoothly.ST. ANTHONY’S DAY SCHOOL
I enjoyed the entire training and would not change a thing. It was very helpful in a lot of areas.THURGOOD MARSHALL CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER