On November 23, 2016 forecasts were posted on www.grants.gov for Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS) grants that are up for competition as part of Round 5 of the Designation Renewal System (DRS). The Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) are expected to post on December 12, 2016 and proposals have an estimated due date of February 10, 2017.
The Office of Head Start (OHS) will be seeking applicants to provide HS/EHS services in the following areas.
- Clay, Randolph, and Talladega Counties, Alabama
- South Los Angeles and Compton, in Los Angeles County, California
- Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Grantee – Adams, Mesa, Montrose, Larimer, Delta, and Weld Counties, Colorado
- City of Norwalk, Connecticut
- DuPage County, Illinois
- Butler County, Kansas
- Harvey County, Kansas
- Landry Parish, Louisiana
- Frederick County, Maryland
- City of Detroit (zip codes 48219 and 48235), Michigan
- Attala, Caroll, Choctaw, Holmes, and Webster Counties, Mississippi
- Adair, Cherokee, McIntosh, and Sequoyah Counties, Oklahoma
- Philadelphia (Lower North Philadelphia), Pennsylvania
- Calhoun, DeWitt, Gonzales, Jackson, Lavaca, and Victoria Counties, Texas
- Edwards, Kinney, Real, Uvalde, and Zavala Counties, Texas
- Midland County, Texas
- Cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Portsmouth, Virginia
The list of grants forecasted is slightly different than the areas served by the Round 5 list of grantees required to compete for continued funding. In addition to those listed on the Round 5 list, there are also grants forecasted for areas in Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi.
Foundations for Families has successfully worked with agencies in every round of recompetition. If you need assistance with grant writing, design, or any other aspect of planning your proposal please be in touch.
We have successfully worked with agencies in every round of recompetition to write winning grants, design competitive programs, confirm prudent budgets, and plan for a manageable start-up period. Contact Amy Augenblick, Executive Director, at (703) 599-4329 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about how we can help.