Recently, there were additional Head Start (HS) and/or Early Head Start (EHS) grants forecasted on grants.gov. The six grants, listed below, join the 45 other grants forecasted to post on October 2, 2017 with a due date of December 1, 2017. You can find a complete list of grants due to forecast on October 2, 2017 here (this includes the original 45 plus those listed below).
- Early Head Start Grantee – The City of Hobe Sound, Florida
- Early Head Start Grantee – City of Albuquerque and Bernalillo County, New Mexico
- Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Grantee – Florida, in Orange County, New York
- Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee – Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee – The Municipalities of Anasco, Las Marias, Maricao, and Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
- Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee – City of San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
There are now 26 states, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands represented among the service areas for the forecasted grants. This includes New York (6), Texas (5), Illinois (3), Indiana (3), Michigan (3), Virginia (3), Alabama (2), Arkansas (2), Florida (3), Tennessee (2), Pennsylvania (3), California, Colorado, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
As we discussed last month, there hasn’t been an announcement yet from the Office of Head Start (OHS) telling us that the forecasted grants are DRS or otherwise (e.g., replacement grants). Regardless, we know the grants are competitive and thankfully there is some time to prepare. Check out our recent post, From Forecast to Grant Posting – How to Use Your Pre-FOA Time Strategically, for tips for how you can use the next 8 weeks to get your program ready.