We enjoyed meeting some of you at the Early Head Start (EHS) Expansion and Partnership Planning Meeting last month. It was fantastic to see so many of the Round 2 grantees come together in one place to kick off their new grant!
We had been hearing that Round 2 grants were competitive, and that certainly seems to be the case. Fran Majestic, Director, Division of Program Operations in the Office of Head Start (OHS) shared in her opening remarks that in Round 2, 74 grants were funded in 33 states, 1 territory and DC. This is markedly smaller than the 275 grantees awarded EHS Expansion or Partnership funding in the first round!
The three-day meeting provided opportunities for group sessions – for example, an interesting presentation on ‘Building Baby Brains’ – as well as numerous breakout sessions for targeted learning and discussions. Breakout sessions were varied, with topics such as fiscal, comprehensive services and family engagement.
Were you able to attend all of the sessions you were interested in? If you’re looking for copies of presentations of sessions you attended you can find slides on MyPeers. This is also an opportunity to view presentations that you weren’t able to attend in person. Take a look around – there is a lot of information available!
Here’s how to find EHS Expansion and Partnership information on MyPeers:
- Log in to MyPeers (Not registered yet? Go to this link and submit your information. You will receive your login credentials in a few days.)
- Once you’re logged in, on the left-side menu select ‘Communities’
- In the search bar type “Early Head Start Child Care Partnerships”
- Click ‘Open Community’ when you see “Early Head Start Child Care Partnerships” show up in your search results.
- Click ‘Join’ on the right-hand screen. Now, you are a member of the community and can access information, ask questions, download resources and more. (Next time you sign into MyPeers and go to ‘Communities’ “Early Head Start Child Care Partnerships” will automatically show up.)
- Now, to view materials from the May 2017 meeting select “Files.”
- Open the folder for “2017 EHS Expansion and Partnership Planning Meeting” and select files to view or download.
One of our main takeaways from the planning meeting was the impressive work and enthusiasm of grantees. We look forward to continuing to hear about the unique ways EHS Expansion and Partnership grantees are supporting children and families!
Are you interested in staying up to date on general Head Start and Early Head Start information in addition to EHS-CCP? Visit our sister-blog, DRS Updates (enter your email address under ‘Follow’ to subscribe). This month, we’re focusing on community assessment. Check out our recent post, Community Assessment in the New HSPPS!