Yesterday, September 18, Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) for Designation System Renewal (DRS) Round 7 grants started to post to grants.gov. Throughout the day yesterday 48 FOAs went live. This is less than half of the DRS Round 7 FOAs that were forecasted. It seems likely that the rest of the FOAs will go live in coming days.
You can find the DRS Round 7 grant information on grants.gov. FOAs are also accessible through the Office of Head Start (OHS) Grants and Funding website. The FOAs that went up yesterday indicate proposal due dates of November 19, 2018. This is a standard turnaround time of nearly 9 weeks. The FOAs are the same as the past round of DRS (with the exception of some minor formatting and wording changes) in terms of content, requirements, and evaluation criteria.
Here’s the content and point breakdown:
- Demonstration of Need: Location, Population, and Service Delivery Options (20 points)
- Achieving Early Learning and Development Outcomes to Promote School Readiness for Children (30 points)
- Past Performance (20 points)
- Staffing and Supporting a Strong Early Learning Workforce (20 points)
- Planning and Implementation (15 points)
- Organizational Capacity and Governance (25 points)
- Budget and Budget Justification (20 points)
If you’re expecting a FOA for your service area, keep your eye out. We’ll continue to provide analyses of the DRS Round 7 funding opportunities in coming days and will let you know when additional FOAs are posted.