Training and Professional Development
child development and education consulting
Foundations for Families is a nationally recognized resource for child development and education consulting. Our research-based training can be immediately implemented in all types of classroom settings.
In the DC metropolitan region, we train teachers, support directors, partner with Head Start/Early Head Start administrators, and work with parent Boards of Directors.
We regularly partner with programs to provide the following types of training:
- NAEYC and NAC accreditation or reaccreditation support
- Head Start and Early Head Start consulting and technical assistance
- Home visiting training and technical assistance
- Reflective supervision training and support
- Board of Directors orientation and training
- Parenting workshops and facilitation
- Coaching for early childhood education leaders
- Early childhood programs in crisis or transition
Find Training and Professional Development
Supporting teachers and caregivers through high quality professional development opportunities is an essential element in fulfilling our mission. If you have a need outside of the types of training listed here, please contact us.
FFF has consistently received high performance evaluations for their sessions to audiences which included Executive Directors, Fiscal Officers, Human Resource Managers, Head Start Directors and Governing Board Members.
The trainings Foundations for Families provided in governance and fiscal were top notch as well. Their grant writing skills and insights into how to advance our program design and scope for Round 2 were outstanding.
Foundations for Families consistently meets and exceeds standards for high quality in early childhood education training. In my experience, the Foundations for Families staff is willing to go above and beyond to make sure that our training needs are met.
Learn more about our child development and education services.