Last week, the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) posted a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document to answer questions the agency has received since announcing the upcoming Early Head Start – Child Care Partnership (EHS-CCP) Round 2. ACF will regularly update the document, so be sure to check back for new information.
Below are the highlights from the FAQ (March 7th version):
- Review the Grant Forecast, and particularly the Eligibility section, top to bottom. Many basic questions can be answered there (e.g. timelines, who is eligible, purpose of funds).
- Many of the questions ACF was not able to answer will be answered in the Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) that are estimated to be released May 2, 2016.
- The EHS Expansion or EHS-CCP grant would be a new, separate grant from existing grants.
- ACF plans to conduct a webinar after the EHS-CCP Round 2 FOAs are issued.
- There are resources available to support planning for EHS-CCP.
We’ll let you know when an updated FAQ is posted. As you’re planning for your proposal you might also be interested to check out the Early Head Start-Child Care Partnerships (EHS-CCP) Brochure posted by ACF. This could be a helpful tool to use internally and with partners to communicate the purpose and benefits of EHS-CCP.
Foundations for Families offers EHS-CCP grantees targeted technical assistance and strength-based coaching of key start-up staff. We have helped multiple organizations design, plan for, and draft successful proposals for the first round of EHS-CCP and plan to offer the same expertise for any new opportunities. Please be in touch with Amy Augenblick, Executive Director, at 703-599-4329 or Augenblick@foundationsforfamilies.com to learn about how we can support you and your program.